07 November 2012

The Day After.

I don't know a lot of Obama voters. I feel like I wouldn't know what to say to one. I'd vacillate between hysterical laughter and a "Wait, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize you were serious" and something close to, "Oh really? Which part of the last four years really got you on your feet? Unemployment? The economy? Libya?" with a look of sincere puzzlement.

I don't have a lot of time to despair over the Presidency. Is it tragic? Pretty much. We live in declining nation, and I see that American strength just ebbing away. I do know that the only ethnic food in the great state of Texas is Mexican, so maybe not knowing gyros personally is why Texans are trying to stay away from that Greek effect. They also resist China pretty well, and I do know it's really, really hard to find good Chinese in Texas. So if you are what you eat....

I am in a constant state of prayer for our Nation. America was built on hope and possibility, and we do still have that. I have absolutely no hope in our President or his administration, but perhaps being hauled into an even deeper horror of government is what this country needs. If really does take reaching rock bottom for a person to change his ways, so I'd assume that our country will need to be on it's knees in desperation before they'll be on their knees in prayer and reparation.

In the meantime, I still have plenty of hope and possibility in my own home. Two brand new people on the way, a 3-year-old who says she's going to be a Mommy when she grows up, a very naughty 18-month-old who is running us ragged, a 5-year-old who is practically perfect in every way and a husband who is truly the peanut butter to my strawberry jam. Life is always good and always beautiful. You can't hide something this shiny under a bushel basket, now, can you?

1 comment:

JessF said...

It's funny because I feel the exact same way when someone tells me they voted for Romney. Do you want to pick your women out of a binder? Do you want to take away funding for PBS? Do you want to increase military spending when the Pentagon is not asking for it? Do you want to use up our natural oil and gas resources without looking to the future and alternative fuel?

There was an analyst on ABC who said something to the effect that Republicans are a 'Mad Men' party in a 'Modern Family' world.

It's a difference of opinion and I respect yours. I hope you respect mine.