27 February 2007

Flannel dreams and $20 bills


Whew- I usually wake up at 7 and make Andrew's lunch. Today, I made it in the nick of time. I didn't wake up til 7:16! When the alarm went off at 6:30, I fell asleep again, really quickly, and had the most bizarre dream. I was at Motherhood Maternity with Mom, shopping for nursing tops. But Mom disappeared into the rest of the mall, so I got distracted and was shopping for tutus instead...and then Philip Stamper showed up and got on his cell phone and started telling his friend "Kim" all about how I was his best friend and we were going to a rave. Mind you, I'm 8.5 months pregnant, now trying on tutus and eavesdropping on this most bizarre conversation. All of a sudden, I'm in a glittery orange tutu and black stilettos, and I'm thinking, "Whew! Are those my legs?!? Very nice!" And then I wake up.
I would imagine that this dream stems from my conversation with Andrew, where I was concerned about the thickness of my thighs, and Andrew promptly reassured me that "it has to go some where!" Considering I have no waist and very short legs, I'm surprised it's taken me this long to notice how large my thighs have gotten. Maybe I'm just distracted.
Well, we have our 31 week appointment today at 4. I'll be happy to get into our later appointments where something interesting actually happens. Right now, it's just tedious and time consuming. But Andrew is coming with me today! I've been telling him not to come for the last few appointments, since it's just me handing out urine and crying after I get off the bad scale. But since I scheduled it so late in the day, he's going to come with me. It'll be good to have moral support today, considering my thigh dream.
Ok, time for breakfast!

No comments: