26 February 2007

A new truck.








Well, I should have known better than to fall asleep on the couch last night. Andrew got lost on Craig's List, and found his new love. A 1989 giant red truck. Well, I can do better than that. How about a picture?


So, we have emailed the guy, and will see what he says. It looks like it would be a champ in the snow, but...it's so big. I think we're going to list the Saturn in the paper and see if we can't break even on her, to pay her off and find a car a little more suited to Frostburg weather. And if we don't sell her, that's fine too. I can drive her as long as I need to, I suppose. It would be nice to have something a little higher off the ground. I'd really like a 4-Runner. Andrew seemed agreeable, if we can find something for the right price.

I took my nap. It turned out to be better than I expected, but I had some VERY weird dreams.
Our weekend was very nice. On Friday night, Andrew came home from the gym and declared "I ran the flu out of me!" Apparently his 10k completely cured his two-week illness. Who am I to argue? He sounded much better, so...
We had a light dinner and then took our fun money and saw "The Number 23." Oh, it was beyond creepy and scary. We loved it.
On Saturday, we drove down to the hospital so Andrew could have his blood drawn. While he was registering, I dropped my water bottle and it sprayed all over my legs and I was absolutely soaked. And of course, when a pregnant woman gasps, everyone stares in concern. So, while I dried off, Andrew did his thing, and we were back in the car in just minutes. We went to Big Lots, which is a very neato place. Our first time. Then we headed home, where Andrew sat for about an hour before he decided to drive to "Bloomington" to look at a house. We drove for a looooong time, and finally found the place. It was less than thrilling, but it was a nice little drive. Any drive is nice when you have a bag of Fritos and a good traveling buddy.
We spent Saturday night...jeez, I don't even remember Saturday night. We watched a movie, maybe? I know I made chicken and pilaf...I guess we were just around the house...I really can't remember.
It snowed a LOT on Saturday night, so we spent Sunday in the house, cleaning and doing homework, and went to Mass at 8 at Cook Chapel.
Lucy had a very quiet weekend. She never knows what to do with the weekend. We have a very distinct routine during the week, and I think she gets confused when the hustle and bustle of the weekend gets going.






1 comment:

Jennifer Merkel said...

hey, this was VERY cute! You are very brave to post your belly on the internet. You never know, but some creep with a belly fettish could start stalking you.
Very nice truck too. That's a WV MAN'S truck!!! Does it come with a gun rack?
So maybe I'll share MY blog with you.
I have been working on it in secret.
Not the point of a blog, I know.