29 October 2012

Talking with Lucy - this kid is bananas.

Lucy: Did you know that my favorite colors are red and blue? They're not purple and pink like I tell people.

Me: Oh really? Well, your favorite colors can be anything you want. You really don't have to tell people you like a color just because they do.

Lucy: I know, but Molly really loves purple and pink and I don't want to hurt her feelings.

Me: Oh, well, that's nice.

Lucy: Do you think maybe I should be honest with her and just tell her?

Me: Yeah, I think that would be fine. I'm sure she won't mind.

Lucy: Okay. I'm going to tell her.

Me: Great!

Lucy: When we're teenagers, probably.





Lucy: I wish I were an alligator. I would love to live under water.

Me: That would be neat.

Lucy: Yeah, but I would probably just eat fish and not people.

Me: Good idea. You could be a friendly alligator. But how would people know you were friendly?

Lucy: I'd try to get a spot at the zoo, probably. Those animals are all friendly. And then I'd just lay on the sand and wave at people.

Me: Fantastic idea.

Lucy: Or maybe I'll just work at the zoo and visit with alligators instead. I'd like to be a monkey trainer.

Me: That would be so cool - could I come visit you? I've always wanted to pet a monkey!

Lucy: There is no way I'm going to let you in. If I break the rules for you, I'll have to break the rules for everyone.

No comments: