10 January 2013

Mea Culpa

Hi friends. I don't know if there are enough apologies to go around for the fact that I haven't blogged in a month.

A month.

It seems worse than it is. I'm sure you're more aware of this little blip than I am. I will just say this. Unless you've had newborn nursing twins, I probably just seem busy to you. Unless you've have newborn nursing twins plus a puppy, a 19-month-old, a 3-year-old and a 5-year old all at once, it probably just seems like I'm making excuses. I solemnly swear that the life we knew with three kids and a dog was nothing but a hammock and palm trees compared to what we're doing these days!

Now don't get me wrong. We have had a blissfully fun and happy month, and I can't count more than three negative moments. I am NOT complaining. I love being busy! I'm really not tired, the boys are nursing GREAT, they're super cute and the girls are awesome. But I haven't had more than a second to do a thing, and I have to use my one second a day to go potty. If one newborn keeps you busy, two newborns plus Claire is absolutely chaotic.

We are still blessed with the help of our wonderful family, praise Jesus! And let me just say that our wonderful family is ALSO overwhelmed and exhausted. ;-) I think Auntie Kasie will probably have to sleep off this trip until June. That girl is a diaper-changing, bottle-holding, Claire-wrangling, toddlee-bathing, twin-burping, laundry-folding, gauze-rolling, spit-wiping machine! I have no idea how we'd be managing without the women who are helping up around the clock. Between Grandma, Kasie and Mimi, I think we'll survive! I just can't believe how BUSY we are. It's seriously a "putting out fires" situation 24 hours a day right now! I think it's terribly fun, but if you're wondering why I haven't blogged, it's because we haven't had a chance to even open the stinking laptop in four weeks! I'm going to post a few pics now to keep you all quiet.

No comments: