08 June 2009

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Happy Birthday To ME! For my birthday, my sweet Mama helped me have a gorgeous necklace made and it arrived today! I wanted something personalized with the girls' birth dates and I scoured tons of sites looking for the perfect one. I considered Nell and Lizzy, but the prices were outrageous and I actually really didn't like anything there that struck me.

What I did find was this:




I found this gorgeous locket made by a real peach of a gal, Melissa, who has an Etsy store called Brag About It. Oh, brag about it, I will! (If the link doesn't work, go to http://bragaboutit.etsy.com) I got it today in the cutest packaging and I was over the moon in love!

The ouside says "Better Together" which is the name of Andrew and I's song, and I added our anniversary because even numbers thrill my Andrew.

The inside has the girls' names and birthdates and a stamp of a lotus. Do you know WHY I chose a lotus stamp? Because a lotus blooms with the most perfect blossom even in the muddiest of water. The blossom never touches the water and it opens happily in the morning and closes peacefully at night. It blooms where it's planted, and that's a mighty nice thing, isn't it?


Needless to say, it's been a good day. Did I mention that this entire necklace PLUS shipping was under $40????

But that's not all, y'all! I wrote to Melissa and told her how tickled I was and she heard you all crying in envy. So she's going to make my dreams (and yours) come true by giving away one of these awesome lockets right here on this very blog! Hallelujah! Whether you have the perfect words to wear or you can think of something you'd love to give this to, now is the time to try your luck! (Somehow I get the feeling I'm going to see some lurkers coming out from the wings.)
All you have to do is leave a comment before 11:59 EST this Friday night. Tell us what you'll have put on the necklace if you win. If you don't have a blog or aren't in my cell phone contact list, also leave a way for me to reach you if you're the big winner. I'll draw a name at random.org on Saturday and will post the winner by 9pm EST on Saturday night. It's yard sale day, so noon might be a tad optimistic...

Good Luck, folks!

21 comments:

Jennifer Merkel said...

I LOVE IT!
I am leaving the very first comment:)
I would love to be able to show off my family that way!

reneetwigg said...

For some reason my comment didn't show the first time so I hope I'm not double commenting...
I am so in love with this necklace my only regret is that I didn't find it first so I could say...haha how awesome am I you must have one of these! lol...just kidding. This necklace is so "me" simple and heart filled. I would have "it's worth it" put on the outside of the necklace because it has been something me and my husband have been saying to each other for years...through it all..."it's worth it" and my two love bugs on the inside Jacob and Benjamin...please pick me...randomly...lol! Thank you so much for doing this!

Anonymous said...

I WANT IT!!!! I would have Lilly's name on it of course!!!!! I would put yours too.....*wink wink*

~Nina

Kelsey said...

Oh my gosh I hope I win!

I think I would put the word "Blessings" on the outside, followed by "Kelsey & Andy 1.1.06" and then "Drew Isaiah 3.26.09"

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful necklace. I would of course put Jim and Tammy
and Meghan and Madison in there somewhere.

There wouldn't be enough room to say how your dad completes me, makes me the most loved woman in the world, how he is the best daddy in the world and how happy our family is.

But, I would love to tell the world how much I love him and my girls...all of them!

Tammy

Jessica said...

It's so cute.

I guess in sticking with my blog theme I would have mine say something about my scottish twins and then have the boys' birthdates and names inside.

Suzzy said...

i think i would put:
OUTSIDE: 1 Peter 4:8
TINY: cross
SMALL: family
LARGE: faith

my mom would LOVE it!

FYI: the verse is "Above all, let your love for one another be intense, because love covers a multitude of sins." it is SO fitting with our family and my mom's philosophy of dealing with our nonsense.

Unknown said...

I love it! I've been looking for a necklace to signify my family and it's absolutely perfect.

It's so great to see you, Andrew, Lucy and Molly are doing well!

SpunkyToes said...

You thought of everything in that necklace. You made it perfect and very special!!!

I also would stick with my blog theme. I would have it say something about letting others see the joy in your life. With the little ones names (but guess that would mean baby girl due in 6wks needs a name soon!) Would love to add birthstones as well.

Her wrapped up locket is very cute as well. Thanks for sharing something you love so much.

Kandi said...

That necklace is lovely Laura. I don't know what I'd do but it might involve gifting the necklace to my sister in law.
-Kandi

Lisa Marie said...

oh my gosh! I just found this post!! Did you put it up after the others?? anyway if the contest is still open I am SO in. I'd put "Blessings" on the outside I think and Josiah 5-29-06 on the inside as well as Alex (even though we miscarried him) and then Lydia 9-5-08. This necklace is so awesome!!

Katie E. said...

What a cool gift! I've been looking around at similar sites lately myself, but that necklace is by far the coolest I've seen so far. I'd love to get one for my Annie for her birthday! I would have "Mary" on the smallest circle, "Bella" on the middle circle, and "Caitlyn" on the largest. On the outside... "Mommy's Sweet Girls." Annie is such a great Mom, and I'd love to surprise her with such a special gift.

I can't believe you're having giveaways on your blog now! Rock on!! <3

Janet said...

I wish I knew whether I was having a boy or girl, so that I could have my child's name in the necklace. Ahhhhh......any possibility in delaying the contest until, oh, January? ;)

Marcia said...

Such a unique necklace!! I would love to have something that captured my family with 2 little boys like yours does for your little girls.

Suzanne said...

What an unusual necklace. I would either put the famous Mother Teresa quote (which by the way I saw at the bottom of your blog ;) "How can there be too many children? That's like saying there are too many flowers." And then include my kiddo's names with a flower. (I like the lotus idea now that you explained it). I would also have a place for Dear Husband's name and our anniversary date.

Lori Storrs said...

oh my goodness... how gorgeous is that?! thanks so much for sharing it with us and giving us the opportunity to win one of our very own!

i would include the names of my 3 kids... porter, payton and will, and i would have to put some more thought into the outside... i need more time to think when there's such an incredibly lovely family heirloom involved!

Sarah Jane said...

Okay, so that would be really cool for my mom...but I'm not totally sure what I'd put in it. How about, if I win, then let me know and I'll be thinking of something brilliant in the mean time.
Cool B-Day present!

Sarah

JL said...

What a beautiful piece of jewelery. I'd love to display my son and upcoming 2nd son's names on one. Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

That's really cute, Laura. I love reading your blog. I'd probably have worth waiting and have my wedding date and inside have my name and Jay's and then Thomas and his b-day. I don't know. Pretty dang cute.
Katie C.

Unknown said...

I am entering!! I would like the necklace for couples (since we have no children) and I'd put our names on it and wedding anniversary (3 years is in a few more days). Katherine

Melissa said...

I love this necklace and was planning to buy it actually but thought I'd try and win it first! :)

I'd get "blessed" on the outside and my kids names "noah" and "eva" on the inside.

What a great way to proudly wear our kids names and be daily reminded of how blessed we are!