21 November 2011

Dang Baby.

5:43 am. It's actually good, because once the clock hits 6 I feel like things are a little more normal. Claire woke up at 5:03, and she's made it abundantly clear that she's only hear to poop and screech. She's tickled to tears to be up while it's so dark and quiet. I suppose that just amplifies her own crazy baby happy noises. I took a shower and she played happily on the bathroom floor while I got all fresh-smelling and tried to plan out a way to make her go back to sleep. That wasn't successful. So here I am, 5:46, watching Limitless and listening to the sounds of a cheerful baby playing on the floor.

We've been having a dandy week around here. Grandpa Dick is here from the Northwest, so I haven't been blogging, as we've been enjoying his company. We're keeping things quiet, but I'm also sick with some "welcome to the holidays" bug. It's been four (five?) days of crazy head and chest yuckiness. Oh, and I had a fantastic colonoscopy last Monday, and have just finished recovering from that. That was pretty fun. Starting the week with anesthesia is always fun. The procedure threw me for a loop and ended up with me on new meds, so I've also been spending the week getting Claire and I used to those new (huge) pills. Claire seems to have adjusted fabulously and my symptoms have all but disappeared in a very short time.

We spent Friday painting Claire's room, Saturday cutting down trees and working, and yesterday we did Mass and then Grandpa and Andrew took the big girls to the zoo while Claire and I napped. And boy did we nap. I think we napped enough to consider myself on the upswing this morning. THAT is very happy news. I guess the pooping and screeching is down. Sister wants to play. Fantastic. Come on 6am!

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

Michael and I have been praying nightly for you to get better!!! Glad you are on the upswing!! :) You should be well again soon if its been that long! Love and hugs and prayers