26 June 2008

Finally sitting...

It's been a long day. We're turning Lucy's bedroom upstairs into a toddler paradise and it's draining me!
When I got pregnant with Lucy, I didn't get to decorate a nursery. We were in a tiny little apartment with not even enough room for her little pack n play. I was disappointed, but delivering a healthy baby was more important. So, now that Lucy has a bedroom of her own, it's my obsession. I want it to be perfect! We painted her walls green and she has all different sized polka dots in a lot of different colors. Tomorrow morning I'm painting a magnetic chalkboard on the wall and hanging her cute little polka dotted curtains. At 9am, we're having carpet installed and it should match perfectly. I can't WAIT to post pictures! I've been hand painting circles all day and it looks so beautiful. It looks like a place where Lucy's imagination can run wild and I just love it. We're not very materialistic people, but we like our home to be comfortable and peaceful. Lucy's room really reflects that and it just looks like her mommy and daddy want her to love her little piece of this home. I love it.
Grandma also brought up Lucy's big girl bed! She won't be moving into it until next spring, but it's waiting patiently for her! Josiah grew out of it in a blink so it made it's way to us sooner than we expected! I think we'll put it together this fall so that we can "get used to it." The crib will eventually have someone else sleeping in it, but I think that's going to be a struggle I don't want to think about! Lucy loves her crib so much, maybe more than chocolate! Today while I painted she just sat in it and watched me, totally thrilled to be in her favorite place with her favorite Mama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

Can't wait to see pics.

I remember how fun it was to decorate Meg and Maddies room too...After learning that it is hard to pick out the perfect shade of yellow, we went to a nice shade of pastel pink and lavender for the girls.

Before we brought Meg home from the hospital I remember just sitting in there and playing with her clothes and rocking in the rocking chair.

Now we are on to turquoise and browns for the girls. Personally I love that combination and with them being tweens, it is mature as well.

Give Lucy a great big hug and kiss from all of us.

We miss you all and can't wait to see you.....

Love~N~Hugs,
Tammy (Grandma)