04 September 2009

Big Girl!

Well, Molly Poppers is crawling now! She's such a little ham and I just love watching her scoot around the house. She never lets anything stop her. She's going to be tough to keep up with, but all of the people I've ever admired were tough to keep up with, too. The chasing years fly by and then all I'll have left is a child who never gives up and always stay busy. Not a bad tradeoff.

Tomorrow we're heading downstate for a day trip. Lyddie Boo Boo is turning! I had a blast birthday shopping today - it's a good thing Andrew wasn't there. The Lydster will benefit so much more because of his absence. I'd totally take pictures of all the cuteness, but Lisa would read it and then there would be no surprise, so...no. Shopping for little girls thrills me to a scary degree.

We leave next Sunday for our homefinding trip! Yay! I'm so excited about picking out a house! The houses we have lined up are all gorgeous and new and shiny, so it's just a matter of picking the one I like the best. That's totally a new thing for me, so I'm really psyched. Lucy will stay in MD with Mimi and Aunt Lisa. I'm sure that'll totally bum her out. Every time she falls down she cries, "I need Mimi! I need Grandma! I need Weesa! I need Siah! I need PaPa! I need John!" I'll be home right about the time she starts to realize I'm not there.
I think I'm going to try to push for a 4-bedroom house so that the girls can each have their own room until Baby #3 comes along. With Molly still up at night, I think we'll hold off on putting them together until she's a more sound sleeper. I'm guessing we'll put them together around Christmas. I'm also guessing we'll probably start talking about Baby #3 around Christmas, too, so I think it'll work out well. I've been falling asleep every night with visions of decorating dancing through my head, but I have yet to come up with anything fabulous. My choices are as follows:

  • Retro Cowgirl
  • In the Garden
  • Tea Party
  • Pink and Green (or will decorating in DZ colors subliminally push them toward sorority life?)
  • Birds
I can't think of any more. I'd love to do a pink and green and brown sparrow room, and I think it'd be SO cute. I think maybe less is more? Of course, once they're together, I can also decorate a playroom, but it should be easily convertible into a gender neutral nursery for "next baby."

Well, Poppers is refusing to nap and playing happily on the living room floor, so I should probably take advantage and get something done! My desk is still a tad scary, so I think I'll start there!

Pictures coming soon- these two are so funny, I've got lots to share! Kisses!

1 comment:

Katie E. said...

I vote for "In the Garden." I love bringing a natural element indoors in a casual way.

Once you have a couple of ideas you like, you should put up a poll for the popular vote!

Kisses to the girls, congrats to Molly!