30 August 2009

From the mouths of babes...

Anyone who's seen Lucy in the past few weeks knows that she's a nonstop chatterbox and she's a complete riot. She says the funniest things and tonight at church she had me in stitches as she was whispering things to me in her "church voice."
She started playing with my necklace and said, "This is pretty!" I said, "Yep, that's my special necklace from Daddy." She smiled and replied, "Oooooh...he's a gentleman, huh?"

Of all the things she says, though, my favorite would have to be "It makes-a me happy!" Lucy has got to be the smiliest, most relaxed kid in the world, and just about everything makes her happy.

While Lucy is cute and has lots of funny things to say, I'd have to say that her little buddy Michael topped her this week. Michael is 3 and he's got to be the cutest little thing ever. He has this floppy blond hair and huge brown cow eyes - just a little heartbreaker. He and a bunch of his siblings came over to play on Friday and spent the day drinking chocolate milk, chasing each other around and playing with the girls. When his mom asked his what the best part of his visit to Lucy's was, can you even imagine what he said?

"When Mrs. C smiled at me."

Like I said. Heartbreaker.

No comments: