21 September 2010

Lilly Full of Life

Dear Lilly, 
In just an hour, you will be 3. So many people have so many reasons to celebrate! As your godmother, I don't want to let today go by without telling you how much you are loved and treasured by so many people. 
Like me, you have brown hair, brown eyes and a button nose. Like me, you're the first-born girl. Like me, you love to laugh, you're a little too loud and you talk too much. (That's a good thing.) And like me, the odds were against you at the very beginning of your precious life. Lucky for you and very lucky for us, your mama chose life. Is it any coincidence that as the 40 Days for Life begin, we're celebrating you? I don't think so. Little girls like you are so rare these days. Little girls who were a shocking suprise, a happy surprise and then a surprising little girl. 
Lil, people will spend the rest of your life telling you to quiet down. But as a loud girl who talks too much, I've learned this. Say wonderful things, and they'll always want to listen. Smile when you talk and they'll listen longer. And listen to your mama, even when she's been talking too long. Your mama's smart and will always know you best, because she knew you first. 
We love you Lilly, to the moon and back. There isn't a day that goes by that someone doesn't look up to Heaven and thank the angels for sending you down. Three years old is a magical age and we know you'll use it with all the energy you have. Your smile and laugh must just make God laugh all day long.
Happy Birthday, to the most surprising and magical girl we know.

We love you, Lilly!

3 comments:

Suzzy said...

is it weird that i just got all teary-eyed and sniffly? it must be the allergies... ;o)
p.s. i want a freakin birthday post! i want you to say lots of fabulous things about how loud i am. hahaha

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me cry. I'm so glad Lilly has such special people in her life!!! I love you guys and am so happy you are celebrating the 3rd birthday of my loud little girl with me!!

~Proud mommy of loud little 3 year old!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow is that photoshop?!?!


John