03 December 2011

The fastest huge update ever.

1) we had lots of company for thanksgiving. It was so, so, so fun. Grandpa Dick was in from WA state, Andrew's parents and brother Tim were in from MD, Char and Ben came for turkey, it was so super fun. Grandpa was here for two weeks and just left yesterday. We had an awesome visit! Tonight at grace we wrapped up with a, "thank you Jesus for this food," and Mo said, "and for Grandpa." Sweet girl. Love her.
2) Claire got baptized! Andrew's dad is a deacon in the Church and we decided to risk the state of sin to wait until he could come down to baptize her. Ben and Charlotte are Claire's godparents and we're so excited! She was baptized on the 26th and then we had a huge bunch of friends out for desserts and fun. We are so blessed by our wonderful friends down here in Texas. God has been so good to us in the people he has sent our way, and see our girls tearing around the house with their buddies while we cram into the living room to laugh together is one of our greatest joys.
3) You may have heard that my health has been a little crazy. It has, but we're hoping that it's slowly ironing itself out. I will say that I'm losing the baby weight fast and furious, but I didn't want to do it via IV drugs and major GI issues. I met with my doctor today, and it feels like he's really trying to put me on too many drugs too soon, so I'm seeking a second opinion and seeing an osteopath next week to figure out where to go from here. For now I'm on steroids and I hope to be tapering down to a smaller dose tomorrow. I feel like I'm starting to pull out of the extreme fatigue, and we're hoping that I'll be eating normally by the end of the weekend. It's been so weird having no appetite, especially right at the beginning of the holidays! But I suppose it's good, in a way, because I'd just be hating my lack of self-control right now anyway. I ate a full breakfast this am and boy did I feel like a wild woman!
4) Andrew and I have a major date night tomorrow. Stay. Tuned.

No comments: