19 December 2011

Mea Culpa

Having three kids is really farking exhausting. I feel like all I do is think, "Oh...I meant to do that..." But when I actually have the TIME to "do that," I'm too tired to do anything having to do with "that."

That includes blogging.

I'm going to try to get better about that. I promise. Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution? Excellent idea. I also need to update the pics on my sidebar, because that picture of Molly is definitely from a time when I still thought 2-year-olds were cute. I was so stupid then.

Today she took an orange marker. What did she color? What didn't she color? Let's see, she started with her arts-and-crafts table. From there, she went for...
...the carpet.
...the coffee table.
...the wool rug. You know, the one I love so much.
...several stuffed animals.
...Wii remote.
...TV remote.
...entertainment center.
...family room door.
...several walls.
...laundry room door.
...green chair.
...two white chairs.
...her arms and legs.

She's still in time-out. I plan on letting her out when she's 9. Or 10.

Let's see. What else happened today? Claire decided that she'll only sleep with classical music in the background. Just one song on a constant loop, thanks. Yeah. I have no idea how we're going to handle the rest of the night. At least we got her to stop using the seahorse toy to put herself to sleep, because having to run in every 7 minute and hit the little belly to make it play again was really not conducive to any sort of productivity in any other area of my life. Claire also OD'd on chicken piccata and may wake up in the morning looking like a caper. We'll have to see. It was the stuff of nightmares. Noodles everywhere, screaming for more...the girl loves her food.

I think that's about it around here for one evening. Just trying to win you all back over and convince you that I wasn't killed or something. I think The Facebook is partially responsible. I need to stop using that stupid website.

Well, I'm off to take a hot bath and eat some cookies. Really, anything that doesn't involve angel hair pasta or Molly would be a win at this point. Good thing she's the cutest, funniest kid I know.

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

Alright. I'm going to go ahead and blame you. I mean, we all know Molly... the question is... WHY MARKERS?? Do I need to mail her some color wonder markers?? ;o) NO markers, no paint, no stamps, no pens, no ink of any sort. Put it all away. with a lock. get it out for her 10th birthday ;) she MIGHT be ready then... hahahaha. Yikes, you poor Momma ;) I"m sorry she made everything orange!!! :( I hope most of it comes out...