05 September 2008

NEW poll

Now you have to revote, because it wouldn't let me just add names. So, I am sorry about that, but we've added more names. I need girl inspiration. Three names just isn't enough.
Let me add a little detail on the name situation.
Molly - We like the name Molly and are trying to decide if she'd be Mary Claire and we'd call her Molly, or if she'd just be Molly. Lisa said to name her Molly and save Mary for someone else. As you can tell, we like the old-fashioned names.
Audrey - This is just a sweet and simple name and it sounds nice with our last name.
Cordelia - a little odd at first glance, but we like the romance to it and it just sounded sweet. Obviously she'd have a nickname from the start. There are about a million you can make from this name, and we also have the middle name to work with.
Miles - This is a name that we just like, even though it reminds me more of Miles Davis than a skinny Irish boy.
Declan - We still like this one. It's pronounced "dek-luhn" and is very, very Irish.
Simon - Andrew has liked this since before Lucy, but it still conjures images of a tiny little boy running from a bully...not to mention, we'd have wrapped up two of the Camdens in one family.
Oliver - I like it, Andrew is still on the fence leaning toward no. Mom says she can't think of anything but Oliver Twist.

I'm glad we have a season and a half to work on this...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl name inspiration right here:

What about Mandy, Tara, Ciara, Nessa (already sounds like a nickname), Cadie (instead of Katie), or Callie.


For Boys:
I've always liked Jake (Just Jake not Jacob)...if I were to ever have had a boy it would have been Jake Andrew Matthews....it flows. I had that picked out before Meghan was born. We never had to worry about agreeing on a name because all your dad could do was girls!!! I tried my best though.

Good Luck! Sometimes it is so hard to pick names.

Love,
Tammy

Suzzy said...

after voting, im very sad that cordelia isn't doing better. c'mon, people, what's cuter than delia cooke? well, perhaps lucy cooke is cuter, but i think delia is a very close second.

although i love the name declan, "declan cooke" has too many hard c's.

love youuuu!

Kandi said...

I like the middle name Sue for Cordelia. Cordelia Sue Cooke.