28 September 2008

Lots of little updates.

  • Andrew felt the baby last night! He or she is REALLY getting active in there! Not nearly as busy as Lucy was, but now that we know Lucy I think we understand that.
  • Kohl's is OPEN!!! It opened at 9am - I was there at 8:54, no joke! We bought shirts and shoes and it was a thrilling experience. I feel so much more human! I was going to buy maternity jeans, but at my halfway point, I'm nowhere near needing them so I just skipped for now.
  • I have gained -4 pounds at this point. I think Dr. H might tell me to step up the eating at my next appt, but I'm not worried. I could have stood to lose a little before I got pregnant anyway. To be honest, the baby has taken about 7 in fluids and weight so far, and with my 4 pound loss I'm feeling just excellent. I was thin when I got pregnant with Lucy and it was a little tougher than I thought it would be to feel comfortable. With this one I think I was at a really good weight to start growing a baby and I'm feeling very comfortable and energetic. I'm very happy with the way things are going.
  • An exchange between Andrew and I last night. (I mentioned the name "Tess" for some reason.
    • Andrew: Tess. What ever happened to that show about the big angel named Tess? I liked her.
    • Laura: You mean "Touched By An Angel?"
    • Andrew: Yeah! That was a good show.
    • Laura: You watched that show?
    • Andrew: Yeah...
    • Laura: I don't know. You should ask one of your middle-aged lady friends.
    • Andrew: Oh.
  • Today we might be able to finish spray painting the supports on the front of the house. I'm SUPER excited about this possibility. What a yucky weekend!
  • At 2:15 am, I let Maple outside (SUCH a good girl - she really had to go potty and INSISTED that someone wake her up and take her out, rather than making a mess in her crate!) and then I came back in and decided to use the bathroom myself. There was a HUGE wolf spider on the floor. I'm talking 4 inches long and 3 inches wide. I woke Andrew up to make him trap it before I'd use the bathroom. He was NOT happy, but that thing was terrifying.
  • Lucy and I have a very chill week coming up. Now that we've seen Kohl's, we're pretty much set to just enjoy the week and possibly do some toddler things!
  • All in all, it was a very relaxing weekend. We did almost nothing, thanks to the rain. We had some friends over for lunch yesterday and Lucy spent the weekend napping, so we're just going to bounce back into business as usual feeling very refreshed!
  • I still can't get stupid Blogger to post pictures. If you would like to be added to my list of people who receive pics through email for the time being (some random, mostly Lucy) you can leave a comment here and let me know, or send me an email at wmdcookes@gmail.com. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously your dad, sisters and I would love to see any pics. And of course if they have Lucy in them!

So glad all is well with everyone! Keep us updated.

Love,
Tammy

Kandi said...

Wolf spiders are terrifying! Glad you have Andrew around (grumpy and asleep or not) to kill those suckers.
I'll be up next weekend.. I'll have to check out the new Kohl's!
Also, I hope the weather is nice on Saturday so we can go to the Apple festival... if you're still interested in going.
And I would like to receive pictures! I'll email you my prefered email address. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, Uncle Leon and I would love to be put on the list for pics. It was great to see you and Lucy. Hope you come back soon. I know Tammy absolutely LOVED seeing you and Lucy....she went on and on. She is so happy. Love, Auntie Tawny, Uncle Leon, Tommy, Luke, and Noah