17 September 2008

Staying Busy!

Well, Lucy and I have 2.5 hours until Toddler Time. I have to figure out how to distract her and bypass the strong desire to put her down for a nap until then...hm. She's been very cheerful and cute this morning, so hopefully that's a good sign.
I am feeling well. I think I'm feeling a lot more movement, but everything at this point feels like gas, so who knows...I should have a better idea in another few weeks or so.
Last night I went to my first Board of Directors meeting for 1st Way Pregnancy Support Center in LaVale. It was really nice and I think I'll be able to stay pretty active there. My friend Jenny just happened to be the other new volunteer who showed up, so that was a pleasant surprise. I think we'll both be on the BoD from here on out, so it'll be a nice way to serve the community and stay active with Lucy. She's welcome at the center when I'm there, so I think we'll both have a good time. My first job is to start working on a MySpace page for them, so I think I'll work on that this weekend. I also need to work out a listserv or group for everyone to communicate with. I think I'm going to push Google, since everything is so easy to use there. That way we can do a Google Calendar, a Group, emails and documents all in one place.
Lucy and I have to go to the grocery store this afternoon, but I think I'm going to save that for after her nap. We need a final distraction right around 3pm.
This weekend we're going to be attending a pancake breakfast at St Mike's and the Appalachian Festival after that. I think I may try to get in touch with the Twiggs to se if we can bring some food down Sunday and meet baby Jacob. We still haven't had a chance to see him!

No comments: