19 September 2008

Blanket Statement?

Well, today is Day 2 of the Great Nap Protest of 2008. If I'm not mistaken, people are allowed to protest peacefully in this great nation of ours. Lucy should be arrested.

She's actually been doing just fine, as long as I'm not trying to make her take a nap. She's cheery and very talkative all day long, not to mention incredibly agreeable. Today she howled for an hour and 40 minutes while I decided what to do. When she settled down I went up to get her, so that I wasn't rewarding an angry toddler.
Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Hi Lucy! I guess you're not going to nap?
Lucy: "Nap all done!"
Me: "Oh? Well, I can see that."

She's never spoken a three-word sentence so clearly. It was almost eery. Now I just need to figure out if "Nap all done!" means "I'm not napping today, thanks," or "I'm done with my napping career, Lady."

1 comment:

Jennifer Merkel said...

Love the new look!
I wanted to go to the paper and check it our but I couldn't find it.
Could you post a link?

Lucy, if you give up your nap, Mommy will have to put you to work!