30 November 2010

Christmas preparations Lucy & Dad 2010!

So today Lucy and I went to buy and set up the family tree. Yes, I gave in to the artificial Christmas tree (I'm sorry baby Jesus, celebrating your birth should be more labor intensive like cutting a real tree rather than standing in a checkout line...). Genuinely, it's tough to find trees for sale in north TX that don't cost and arm and a leg. Not to mention, they're small and ugly compared to those tree farms out in western MD!

That said... here's Lucy when I picked her up MINUTES after leaving her morning play date:

Lucy on the way to buy a Christmas tree. Sound asleep. So stinking cute she could be the angel atop our tree.



So, then here is Lucy WHILE shopping for a tree. There is no coaching or pretending in the following picture. This is legitimate deep R.E.M. sleep, while being pushed through the garden section...

Dreaming of a white Christmas, I suppose!

The tree box was too large to fit under the cart so I laid it across the top, essentially closing her in. BOY did THAT cause some panic when she 'came to'. Opps! Bad Dad!

@ Home we got straight to work.....

Lucy was IN LOVE with the tree topper.  
It's a sign! Baby # 3 is going to be a little girl named Joy! :-P
I find a beautiful name for our baby #3 [Due May 2011] hidden amidst the Christmas decorations!


I did not trap her. I promise. She voluntarily spent most the evening in the tree box :-)

Sporting her cute Christmas apron!

Struggling to sit still long enough for a group photo! This Santa hat is OLLLLD. It has "Andy" written on the inside of it! Whoa!
 And yes... this year, the truth comes out. I'm a closet aficionado of the inflatable lawn decorations. The majority of them are "in excess" though IMHO. You know the ones. Santa+Sleigh+Mrs.Clause+Reindeer+Penguins+Polar Bears etc etc etc. Come on now Americans... let's get back to the basics. Like for example, the one I love. The classic snowman.

Curiosity is peaked while he inflates.......

She backs up cautiously as he rises and is looking around the room frantically for me and was SPEECHLESS-EXCITED.

"Can I touch him? Is he a hugger???" [Reference to Toy Story 3 Lotso Bear]

Love at first sight. If this ain't destined for a Christmas card, I don't know what is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! And love that she wears her Christmas apron I made for her! I had forgotten about that!
~Kandi