24 November 2010

Swirly with Grief

Today, I'm completely at a loss for words. It seemed easier last night. Grandma Susie died last around 6:30 PST. While I'm so happy and peaceful, knowing that she is free of pain, I feel like I may never feel whole and happy again. It's so rare that are afforded the opportunity to spend nearly every day of their childhood with their grandparents.
I'm sure I could write for miles about what Grandma Susie meant to me, but now just isn't the time. There is much to be done and my keyboard isn't waterproof. I just hope the Heaven allows people to see what's happening on Earth. I don't think I could make it through this if I thought she was truly gone. It doesn't seem fair that for Grandma to be whole, we all have to feel broken. I know that time will heal us, but today it just doesn't feel fair at all. I already feel like so much less than me without her. Tomorrow will be better. I'm sure I'll be able to write all the happy things soon. In the meantime, what does she always say?

This too, shall pass. 



Meredith Ann Catherine Rarity Hendry ~ August 6, 1939 - November 23, 2010




This song may seem weird at first, but it was one of Grandma's favorite little ditties to sing and she sang it almost every time she realized she was making a nice little memory - I know that if she heard it now, she say, "And I really did enjoy every last minute!"

4 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

So very sorry for your families loss.

Lisa Marie said...

Oh Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about Grandma Susie. I am happy too that she is finally in heaven with Jesus and can just enjoy NO pain and suffering and only his love. But I know the pain left behind is terrible. I can't even imagine what you're going through. PLEASE if you ever want to talk just call me! Even if it's 3 am :) I love you and we're all praying for you. And Grandma Susie's legacy lives on... in you and your beautiful family. And in so many others! Hang in there sweetie, she'd want you to be singing and smiling and enjoying every minute too.

Tru-Flow said...

very nice Laura...Can't wait till you get here with lil MO. Uncle Chris is excited to have a couple lil one's here.. Our Neices and great neices wow.. We are truley blessed... God is good..
xo

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my grandma many years ago and my mother not so long ago. I know they are with me, just as your Grandma Susie is with you.
God rest her precious soul and may you always be blessed with the memories of her love for you.