06 December 2010

Someone please save me.

It's 4:30 am. I had heartburn til 12am and then Lucy woke up at 12:15. She's been up ever since and I'm about ready to lose it. I'm exhausted. Still sick with bronchitis, a virus, conjunctivitis and a painful stye. But I'm sure a lack of sleep is only helping the recovery process. I'm beyond tired and into irrationally exhausted. I'll be amazed if this baby arrives in a healthy state.
Lucy has spent the last 4 hours trying absolutely every trick in the book and I don't think I can take another second. Andrew retreated to the couch hours ago, which was truly a great decision on his part, since he has to work in a couple hours. I honestly don't know how I'm going to get through my Monday. I'm at the point that nothing seems hopeful. My throat is a mess and my eye is just driving me batty. Lucy insists that the only thing that will make her sleep is the humidifier. Too bad. Saint Nicholas came last night. Well, to all the children but Lucy. I'm pretty sure it's going to take her a very long morning of hard work and agreeableness to redeem herself in the eyes of good old Saint Nick. Torture? Possibly. A teaching moment? Definitely. She's going to go bonkers when she sees molly's shoes filled with candy and gifts. This could make for a very, very long morning. Pray for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh sweet one. If you elevate the head of your bed 45 degree's that will help your night time heartburn along with some liquid antiacid ie Maylox works well (or generic) and will work the quickest.. love ya honey.. Give the girls a love