05 November 2007

Oh boy...

I need to catch up around here!
I still weigh 160. Today I'm also combining the Special K Challenge with my calorie counting.
Calories this past week were good. I took Halloween and Sunday off, and every other day I met my goal well. I think I'll be taking Sundays off, period. I need a little break. My stomach is shrinking, which definitely helps. It's easier to keep myself full longer between meals, so that's good. I'm also doing Yoga Booty Ballet now, and boy is that a workout! It's getting cold outside and I can't take Lucy out for a long enough walk, so I'm trying to find things to do in the house. YBB is a really tough workout and it works muscles I didn't know I had! I checked it out from the library and I'm going to renew it when it's due and then probaby buy it once I have to give it back. I'd like to be doing it about 4 times a week combined with a walk or run a couple times a week on my own without Lucy. I love my jogger, but it's so much easier to keep up a good pace without it!
I'm seeing and feeling a difference in the way I'm moving and my energy is definitely up. I've also started doing things like doing my hair and makeup every day, even if I don't want to. It helps me to feel prepared for the day and soothingly human when my days get rough. I used to have a nice routine when it came to my appearance and that all went out the window when Lucy was born. I'd like to take that time for myself each day and make an effort. I need to stop wasting her morning naps and start using them for myself!
Lucy is taking her morning nap right now, so I just did YBB and am going to take a shower. I'm feeling very productive today!
We really don't have anything to do today...I think we'll head to the mall after her afternoon nap, and we'll just hang out here and clean the house in the middle of the day. We're going to the Lang's for dinner tonight, and then we're going to leave Andrew there to watch football and I'm going to bring Lucy back here for bed. She's been doing so well lately that I can't afford to screw it up, even with the Ravens!

2 comments:

Kandi said...

Uh oh. I forgot you guys were big Raven's fans. I'll be cheering the Steelers on here in Germantown tonight! :)

Anonymous said...

Years ago I heard about how Dolly Parton lost weight and I think it is a great idea. Don't diet. Allow yourself to eat everything you enjoy, but only eat 1/2 of what you are used to eating. Except you don't have to do that with veggies and fruit if they are just fresh stuff without other goodies on them. In time Dolly lost the weight and she kept it off. Exercise will certainly burn calories which helps. Try it; you might like it.
Congratulations for giving weight loss such a great try!!
Love you,
Grandma S.