14 October 2010

Well, well. Yes. Very well.

Life in our world is nice this week. I have some pictures to put up, but will likely not get to that until....Saturday. Maybe Sunday. We're busy times busy to the Nth degree right now.

Today we had our little co-op meeting at our friend Lili's house. We're enjoying our Thursdays so much! Each Thursday morning, I meet up with 4 other homeschooling moms and their young kids (10 total) to play, visit and teach the kids a little something about playing nicely with others. After a rocky start and a few tears among the kids, they're all playing well and really enjoying all of the games and activities Miss Lili comes up with. What started as "an hour or two for the kids" has turned into 3 or 4 hours of wonderful conversation, a chance to distract the kids and a wonderful way to wind down after a long week of mommying. We laugh and laugh and laugh while the kids get into whatever they can find, and we part ways when the kids finally beg to go home. (Well, after they beg a few times.) Thursdays almost always mean a missed nap or random snacks for lunch, but it's so wonderful to relax, let off some steam and bond with my fellow moms. (And let's be honest: I'm just relieved that they continue to invite us back. I find myself to be so incredibly annoying, but the fact that they put up with me for several hours a week restores my faith in the forgiving nature of humanity.) Each of the women is so unique, kind, generous and committed to the vocation of motherhood - I know that whatever happens through the week, Thursday will refresh me and renew my commitment to caring for my family. And that, my friend, is what friendship among women should be.

As I type, I'm baking 70 or so cupcakes for an exciting event this weekend - can  you guess what it might be??? Tomorrow morning we're going to frost cupcakes until our hands cramp and let the kids go wild with sprinkles - stay tuned!

In other news, I'm going to be a mother again! A GODmother, that is. My dear, sweet, lovely friend Monica has a new baby, Nicholas Andrew, and she's asked me to be his Godmother. He's just the cutest little chunk of boy and he has "Priest" written all over him. And you know how hard it is to resist an Andrew! He'll be baptized on the 31st and I can't wait to begin my duties! 

Let's see...OH. You need this recipe. I made this for dinner last night and I've never seen a man eat so much pasta. It was very, very simple, even though I chose it because it seemed a tad complex. I love to cook and hate cooking the same old nonsense, and since I was craving a little Razzoo's Blackened Chicken Pasta, I was compelled to imitate it. This came close, but I know you can't replicate the masters.

Baby Tex is just cooking up nicely. I was able to get a prescription for Zofran, and today has been NICE. I'll be able to take it until I'm feeling less nauseous, which is GREAT. The nausea has been REALLY bad for the past week, and it's hard to keep up with everything that's going on when you just want to lie on the couch and moan. Now if I can just get past this horrible exhaustion...

No comments: