16 July 2011

My nearly-11-week-old is kicking around in the dark next to me, my two bigger girls are snoozing happily in their air-conditioned room after an hour of camping outside, my husband is off showering in some distant part of the house and my feet are tired from hours at the Stockyards. A good day.
There is something drastically wrong with our plumbing, but I'm just going to leave it to the Lord, I think. Like I can really worry about Monday troubles on a Saturday night. This week the Lord is really going to have to provide for us. No messing around, 'Kay God? So many unexpected little (or huge) things when you're waking a house from a five-year slumber. It seems like all we're doing right now is uncovering problems and prioritizing repairs, but they all seem to be things that are just "normal." Andrew replaced the dishwasher hose today and it's no longer leaking into our master bathroom, the plumbing issues that were a huge problem this morning might turn out to be less terrible than we thought after a call to and a visit from the city water guys. They'll be back out Monday with a camera to see just what's going on outside the house with our master drain.
We had plans to have the house painted this coming Friday morning, but I think we'll have to reschedule that for closer to August so that we can really give everything a good test run to make sure we're not going to need that money for immediate repairs. Until the city gives us good news, we're operating under the assumption that we may be about to dig up our yard on our own dime. Sob. Nothing like the anticipation of spending thousands of dollars to make sure you know what does, actually, flow downhill. At this point I can assure you it does not.
On a more positive note, however, we spent $20 for a couple small items and gave a huge eyesore a drastic makeover- post coming! Andrew also made a 15-foot climb this afternoon to hang a swing for the girls. Instant joy! And I do believe our neighbors provided tomorrow night's dinner for us. God is good, all the time.
Well, my cute husband is back and smelling good! Hooray!

No comments: