02 May 2012

Anyone following this Chen thing? I am so confused. I might be horrified if I knew the whole story, but I'm terribly lost on the whole thing. Am I surprised the the US sent him packing back to China? UhhhhNO. Last I heard we were something like 472 bajillion dollars in debt to China. Pretty sure China says "jump" and the US asks "how high?" these days. I'm pretty sure that if China says, "Hey Yankees, send back that escaped baby-defender" we're probably going to say something like, "Roger!" Then again, I only read blogs. It could all be hearsay. I'm going to attempt the follow it, but I'm feeling a little less than optimistic that we'll ever really know the whole story. Chen seems like a good guy. Anyone who's been in a Chinese prison for ages trying to protest China's one-child policy if probably going to get the benefit of the doubt from me.

Other exciting news...this weekend is Lucy and Claire's "Hello Kitty Birthday Kampout." SUPER. FUN. I do believe that this means LOTS of sugar, friends, fire hazards and tantrums. What's not to like? Lucy and I are working on some Hello Kitty sugar cookies right now, and we'll spend Friday cooking up a storm to prepare for the big night. I still haven't considered a smash cake, as it'll be Claire's 1st birthday. Maybe we'll do that. I think Claire would really deliver on the cake front, but I can't help remember the Smash Cake Horror from Lucy's 1st birthday, when we watched her turn a rainbow of colors and hoped against hope that she wasn't choking to death. It takes the wind out of your sails for future smash cake moments. I can post a picture if you can't quite conjure the image. Yeah, this little shutterbug got the terrifying ordeal on film! Ugh. Now I feel sick.

Okay. That's it.

No comments: