14 June 2012

Til Every Child is Unconscious

Whew. This evening was "one of those." I am currently locked in the bathroom running a bubble bath with my "sensual" Bath and Body Works bubble bath. Sensual though it may smell, I'm pretty sure Andrew is crossing his fingers for me to be abducted through the bathroom window.

My hormones seriously spiraled tonight. The dog ate a door, Claire is teething and the children are still awake. That was my cue to say, "Honey, call me when they're all knocked out and not a moment sooner."

I keep hoping the dog will be attacked by a bear and will die valiantly defending me. So far he's just sort of hanging on like every beast of burden I've ever had the pleasure of owning. (see?? Hormones!) I wouldn't mind that he's always under foot, but he's really not under "foot." He's sort of "under sternum." He's perfectly tolerable if he has a fresh knuckle bone every 12 hours. That's only $30 in knuckle bones a week! A bargain for not having to bury our faithful companion on the golf course. Ah, puppies. I could write for miles about how much I hate puppies. I love dogs, though, so I'm trying not to kill him because I assume that I'll love him someday. I hope "someday" is before December.

No comments: