21 June 2012

Zzzzzzz...

Well, today is Day 4 of Vacation Bible School: Vatican Express! As you'll note, I'm blogging. From home.

I have been volunteering in the nursery, which is great because I get to hang with Claire all day, but it's a lot of up and down off the floor all day, plus holding kids, picking people up, etc. And to top it all off, I have to walk back and forth between the nursery and the formation building several times, which starts to wear me out.

When I found out I was expecting the twins I was told to rest twice as much because I'd be twice as tired. That's totally true. I can feel great all morning and then I'm suddenly too exhausted to stand up. And when I lay down, my entire body throbs and my head pounds. It feels like I've been running for hours, and I never really know what my threshold is on any given day. Apparently 3 days of VBS was it, so we're taking today off to enjoy a quiet day. Molly is still passed out cold at 8:40, and Lucy is still in her jammies, watching Wild Kratts. I really have no plans to do anything more than make peanut butter and jelly for lunch. And that may be a stretch.

Lucy has been asking me to move all of the girls' clothes to the dresser in their room so that they can get dressed in the mornings. Sounds good to me! The only problem is that I'm going to have to take all the random junk out of that dresser...and that sounds like a major pain. Easter decor, tools, broken toys, etc. On the outside I'm the picture of organization. On the inside of every drawer is a different story. :-) So Lucy and I may work on that today. It would be cool to get the girls to the point where they can make their beds and get dressed without assistance in the am, and I think I'm going to label our small laundry baskets so that they can put their own clothes away. The biggest problem is that I'm folding clothes in the family room and then hanging them in the bedroom, and I'm just running out of opportunities to do double the work anymore!

So, I have to go. A large, cozy sectional is calling my name and I see two chunky baby thighs waiting for me to nibble at them!

No comments: