29 June 2012

An Update From a Lazy Blogger

I wish I had an excuse other than, "Dude, I'm busy!" We wake up around 6am and do breakfast, dog stuff, kid stuff, work stuff. By 10am Claire is a crab and wants to nap, but we have to push her to at least 11:30. No computer time there...
Once Claire's down Lucy and Mo just want some quiet time with Mama. Well that's fine, but it's hard to bond over a computer. So that's out.
When Claire gets up, anything I had in mind for the rest of the day is put aside for Claire. that includes using the bathroom, making dinner or thinking through a blog post.
By the time we GET to dinner, it's actually bedtime and then I really don't feel like I can say, "Well, I'm off to  blog!" and anything I had thought about writing earlier pales in comparison to our exhaustion anyway. We're at that magical point in our lives where we look at each other and the conversation goes something like this:

L: What are your plans for the night?
A: I was going to read, but we could do something else.
L: You could read and I could do something else.
A: Like sleep?
L: Yeah.
A: Okay, I'll do that too.

Blogging requires me to move my fingers AND use my brain at the same time, but sadly that kind of multitasking ended with the advent of the 3rd child. Besides, my hands work all day. The last thing they want to do is type after 8pm.

But here I sit. I don't even have anything funny to say. I'm sorry. I know I can usually give you something, but all I've really got for you is boring updates.

I'll just comment on a few things and let you go.

TWINS! AhHhHhHhHhHhhhhhh!!!! We are at 14 weeks and feeling...fine? The morning/all day sickness is pretty well behind me for now, although that'll come back in the 3rd trimester. The exhaustion really only comes after I do something. Anything. As in, I'm totally fine if I do absolutely nothing all day long, so...I'm tired almost all the time. The reason I'm awake right now is because Andrew and I watched two episodes of Once and played around with 100 Floors for awhile and it was only 9:45, so we rallied and he's reading and I'm not unconscious!
We have another appointment on Tuesday and will be seeing some longer arms and legs, which is totally thrilling. I'm not really feeling much movement yet, so now we're in the "eh" phase of the pregnancy. Just sort of sitting around between the yucky early weeks and the exciting weeks of wiggling.
Names? No. That's a big "fail" at this point. I'd imagine we'll be taking a list to the hospital like every couple who has already named a bunch and has two more to name.
We are a mere month away from our 'Babymoon,' as everyone but US is calling it. We made plans for a vacation months and months and months ago. You know, drinking on the beach and not caring if we come home with a souvenir baby? Riiiight. As it happens we'll be NOT drinking on the beach while we gaze in horror/wonder at the ridiculously immense beach ball that is housing the stowaways. Boy, if anyone knows how to travel and drink on the beach, it's us!

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

AH HA! See you managed funny afterall!!! ;) (towards the end at least) teehee. you will have a great vacation!! it will be such a nice getaway before the BIG PROMOTION begins ;)

Love you all so much!!!