15 August 2008

Big Prayers Needed!

We went in today for our 12-week visit and the doctor wasn't able to hear the heartbeat with the doppler. :-( This isn't necessarily a bad thing at all - it's still very early to pick it up with the doppler, and since I had an anterior placenta with Lucy, it's likely that the baby is just hiding. Dr. H didn't seem too concerned, but I'm still going to sneak in to an OB downstate next week to try to hear the heartbeat before we get traveling. I'm just sick with worry, even though this is pretty standard, and I'd like to make sure Baby is ok. I really don't want to wait an entire month!

So, in the meantime we'd appreciate some prayers for Baby C, that he or she is continuing to grow big and strong. I'll update as soon as we know something! In the meantime, Dr. H said the ultrasound we had at 8 weeks should be fine and we should assume Baby is just ducky.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Hopefully you hear something soon!

SpunkyToes said...

Prayers sent that he/she is just hiding. Please keep us updated. Hope that you are feeling well also.