05 August 2008

Catching Up

I will try to catch up, but Lucy can only eat so much Mac-N-Cheese, so I'm on borrowed time, here.

I have not posted in quite awhile. Andrew actually had the nerve to tell me last night that he now thinks he's a better blogger than I am, so I knew it was time to get back on the horse. I'd like to see him spend hours on end watching Wonder Pets and sorting Marshmallow Mateys and still have the sanity to relay the events of the day to a non-speaking audience. Wow, Lucy is going to TOWN on that mac-n-cheese...

Events happening in Cookeland.
  • Tim and Andrew tore out a large wall between the kitchen and the office. We now have better lighting, a stronger cross-breeze and no wall to hide our junk behind. Eventually there will be an eating bar there for me to teach the Cookelings their school lessons.
  • Lucy now says "coming!" It sounds very much like "Coshish!"
  • I am craving chocolate milk, turkey and cheese and SALT. This is because Dr. H specifically told me to cut way back on my salt intake. Sigh.
  • Andrew and Brian went on a canoe trip over the weekend and Andrew is incredibly sun burned.
  • Suz was here for 4 days of fun!! It was a giant Laura/Suz Lovefest.
  • Maple now knows the command "Go to bed!" She's a pretty good little doggie! She also needs a babysitter for this weekend, if anyone's looking to help us out...
  • I'm doing some mock packing for the upcoming trip - I'm really trying to avoid checking luggage, but that's incredibly difficult.
I will post more later. Lucy is tearing the house apart and Drumline just came on!

No comments: