21 August 2008

My Happiest Week

This 3rd week of August is always special for me.
  • 5 years ago this week, I met Andrew at RA training at FSU. I think we fell in love that week, maybe our third encounter, and life has never been the same.
  • 2 years ago this week, I met Lucy when she made her presence known on a home pregnancy test. She wasn't planned but was our biggest and happiest surprise. I'll never forget Andrew as I ran to meet him, waving my test and crying. He said, "This is the proudest day of my life." And life has never been the same.
  • Today I met Febby via some good morning movement. Those little flutters and rolls are unmistakable.

I am in Newark, DE waiting for Andrew to come back to the hotel and take me down to Havre de Grace. Lucy stayed at Grandma's last night and we had a great time up here. We saw "Step Brothers" and had dinner at Friday's. It was so nice to have a little time to ourselves! This morning we had breakfast together before he left and it was really nice to eat my waffle and not have to pull the wipes out at the end of the meal.

As it happens, I need to head back upstairs and take a shower, and then pack our bags and get ready for checkout. I just sent Andrew a text to see if I can charge a snack to the room. I am STARVING and it's only 10 am. Maybe I can convince him to do Laurrapin Grille for lunch on the way back to the house...

2 comments:

Kandi said...

Awww, such a happy week indeed. :) I have been praying for you guys. I think I'll be in LaVale the weekend of Oct 5-7. I'll be in touch.

Suzzy said...

i am SO happy you felt flutters and rolls! i've been praying extra hard. i hope your trip is fabulous and i LOOOOOOVE you (plural)!