09 June 2010

I'm in a very good place today. I've been at the gym religiously lately, and it looks like it's FINALLY paying off. My poor body got very confused when I weaned Molly and decided that she should go ahead and gain back a good ten pounds just in case this was the end times. I was devastated after all of the work I'd been putting in at the gym for months on end. I'd been working so hard!

I think things are finally moving again. I'm trying to run everyday, which I HATE. I'm also doing a pretty rigorous weight training program and trying to get to Pilates as often as I can. I can see a difference in the mirror and on the scale, but the real test will be whether or not it continues. I'm sure there will be another Cookelet on the way in the next few months, as Molly is going on 16 months. (No, I am not currently pregnant and keeping it a secret until 12 weeks. Like I could do that.) That's fabulous and we'll be thrilled to tears, but I want to make sure that I'm in the gym every day until the little angel is born. I always have a great deal of energy when I'm pregnant, but my pregnancy with Molly was difficult due to my back being really messed up from an injury long ago, and it turns out my heart is a fairweather friend as well. I need to find a good, consistent workout now that I can stick with through an entire pregnancy, that will keep me in decent shape until I can get back to it at 6 weeks postpartum. I'm confident that as I'm learning my limitations while pregnant, each baby will bring easier weight-loss and a better routine.

My other challenge is my business. See Jane Bake isn't just moving along. It's booming. I'm filling lots of orders, doing a lot of experimenting and really seeing this grow quickly. It's a lot of fun and I'm really getting into my groove where Jane is concerned, but the cookies really ARE delicious. Generally, when you bake a batch of cookies, you make about 6 extra. A few get messed up and a few extra go into each box to ensure you'll have enough in the event of rough shipping. You ALWAYS have extras. Both Andrew and I have major self-control issues when it comes to leftover cookies. I'm just trying really hard to get the extras out the door first thing every morning. It would be much easier if baking wasn't what I excelled at, but it's just what I do best! I love to produce delicious goodies and I show my love by sending a big box of treats with a little heartfelt note. I know what it feels like to receive a "just because" in the mail and I love to provide those warm fuzzies to others.  But it comes at a cost...to my waistline.

I just got home from a run and a Pilates class and have beenvery consistent this week. Let's hope I can stay motivated! I spoke to my Pilates instructor and she said it's definitely something I can do all the way through a pregnancy, so I think combining that with running will be a great way to stay in shape while I'm cooking another little munchkin.

Well, the girls and I are at home and fed now, and we're going to spend the rest of the day hanging out and cleaning! We have company coming next week and while sparkly clean isn't my goal, I'd like the house just to be organized. Jane has also taken over the house, so anywhere I can get better organized is a very good thing!

2 comments:

Katie E. said...

You should totally just gorge yourself on cookies, dough, and frosting. By the time you're done, you'll never want to eat another one again! That's actually the policy at Baskin Robbins, employees are allowed to eat as much free ice cream as they want. :D

Lisa Marie said...

yeah- you better not aim for sparkly clean considering you'll have tiny people just destroying it again! ;)