17 June 2010

Two days!

We're all nearly busting at the seams, here! Grandma, Aunt Lisa, Josiah, Lydia and Ben will be here in two days! We adults are all paling a bit at the thought of four toddlers under one roof for a week, but we're so excited!

I just remembered, I didn't tell you about our awesome weekend!
So on Friday night, Andrew and I got out for a swim and dinner at Boo Ray's. We ended up having a cut things a little short to come home and re-send an email, but it was still super fun.
On Saturday morning, Mo and I were out the door very early to get some shopping done. We got home a few hours later and I rushed around, eating lunch and getting ready for...

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE!!!

My friend Amanda treated me to a trip to Bass Hall to see Little House The Musical and it was so great! Melissa Gilbert isn't the most fabulous singer, but it was really, really, really wonderful. The show really focused on Laura and Mary's love as sisters and it was just a great show.
After the show, we had a big dinner at Joe T Garcia's and spent a good part of the evening chatting.

When I got home, we all piled in the car for a trip to Lowe's. We bought some paint for the guest room and then came home and crashed! We spent Sunday working around the house and doing little projects.

We're almost ready for a visit from the out-of-towners! I spent last night cleaning the kitchen and am really not going for sparkly clean so much as organized. With five little ones in the house, I just want to know where everything is and be able to find things quickly!

Today we're going to make a Goodwill run before we head to our playgroup, and then we're going out to lunch with our friends Emily and Molly. It should be a nice day. I did my grocery shopping yesterday without the kids, so I'm ready to just have a fun day and relax! My spice rack came in last night and it turns out it IS heaven on earth. Perfection.

Well, I'm off to get dressed and find some caffeine. I was up way too late and I'm going to pay dearly until naptime!

No comments: