09 June 2011

Gahhhhhhhhh.....

It turns out that I am not immune to the misery of pollen. And a breastfeeding mama, half the stuff in the house is either bad for babies or bad for my milk supply, so I'm trying to ease the pain with a little Betty Crocker. It appears to be working. She's definitely a healer, that Betty.

So, today was the house inspection. It was wildly funny, but I'm really not sure if I can post the picture that would explain why it was so hilarious. I will just TELL the story and see if it's near as funny as the actual event. You can email me for the picture if you'd like.

Okay, so here's the story. The girls and I arrived at the house this morning for the inspection to find my agent and his wife, who informed me that the inspector was inside getting started. Fantastic! My dear, dear agent says, "My wife will watch the girls while we get to work." LOVE her. So Agent Man and I head into the house to see how it's going in there. We're met by Inspector M, who is busily running around the house turning things on and off, testing outlets, etc. We start talking about the plumbing and Agent Man says, "Oh, did you notice the faucet in the master bath?" I reply, "No, why?" They drag me off to the master bath, where they begin to chat about water pressure. Apparently this faucet works okay, but the one on the other side does not. The water pressure on this one is fine, but no one adjusted the other side, so water shoots out of the faucet and across the room. I think to myself, Huh? Why would it shoot across the room when the water pours into the sink? Well. I take a look at the faucet. Suddenly I can't even think about water pressure, because the faucet I'm staring at resembles a very specific part of the male anatomy much more closely than I was prepared for.

So here I am staring quizzically at this faucet, thinking to myself, am I really the only person who wants to scream with laughter? Agent Man and Inspector M seem totally oblivious. They absolutely can't be. Inspector M says, "Well I've inspected about 1200 houses and I've never seen a faucet like this one." No. Kidding. All I can think is, I cannot believe Andrew is missing this. And everyone just carries on, while I'm literally stuck to the floor staring at the faucets, wondering how we can possibly just abandon the elephant in the room without so much as a giggle. So I take a picture. Now every time I see this picture I positively fall over, dying with laughter.

Well, it's much funnier with the picture. But my mother would be scandalized. I'm torn.

2 comments:

Suzzy said...

i need the picture in my gmail box. it's already funny, but i need the visual, as well. and good call on not including. your mother would def be scandalized.

Tricia said...

I MUST see the picture...Oh please!!!! When my husband went in for a consultation to get a vasectomy the dr. used the word "balls" and I immediately started laughing. I am SO 12!!!!