20 June 2011

Let's Start with Claire.


Claire is adorable. Not only is she adorable, but she's now 7 weeks old! And what is she doing? ....pretty much the same thing she was doing about a week and a half ago. These first 12 weeks are pretty consistent, you know...sleep, eat, poop...

She's getting VERY close to smiling and is starting to show us a little more personality. At this point, I would say that Claire is a very peppy little girl. She's a pretty cheerful little observer, but I think I could also say that anyone who dares to cross Claire is endangering themselves. She goes from 0-60 in about 4 seconds and doesn't really wind up OR down. She's just wound, all the time. And that may very well change, as we really don't know much about her yet. 7 weeks old is really just 7 weeks of being on the outside. At this point, she's just staying alive, you know? Another 4 weeks or so will start to tell us more about her. At this point, we know that she's adorable, chubby and LOVES the bath tub. We put her in the tub every night for her "swim" and she just kicks around like a little fish. I hold the back of her head while she "frogs" about in the water, kicking off the sides of the tub and splashing her tiny little arms around. She'd stay in the tub all night if she could, and her sisters would probably stay just as long, watching her splash around little a little frog.

Claire's eyes appear to be turning to blue, like big sister Lucy's. She's still got bright red hair and Molly's adorable Beaker-mouth. She's much chubbier than her sisters were at this age, but I'd guess that's just because she nurses approximately 21 hours of each day. This time goes by so fast. The huge amounts of nursing can feel tedious at times, but I would say that I'm really enjoying it this time around, just knowing how quickly it passes. Every time her eyes roll back in her head and she passes out in a milky stupor, I'm so thankful that we have that time together. It's just too precious not to encourage it as long as she'll nurse. (And let's face it. The "sorry, nursing the baby!" excuse is always a fantastic way to get out of things.)

Umm....well...that's about it. I think we'll keep her. She smells too good to trade in - of course, I said the same thing about my van when we bought it last June. I'm sure as long as we continue to change Claire's oil regularly and get her detailed around the 6-month mark, we'll cherish her as much as we do our Kia. (I'm KIDDING! We always love the lowest-mileage family member the best, of course.)

No comments: