19 February 2008

Good Night!

Well, last night went swimmingly, and that was going to be the true test of how Lucy recovered from her very long weekend. She hopped into bed at 7:30pm and slept 100% uninterrupted until 5am, at which time I gave her a bottle and she dozed until 6:30. Good girl!
She just finished a big breakfast of bananas, blueberry waffles and grape juice and is cruising around the house, babbling at top volume. Her newest thing is to "talk" to me using variations of the word "Yeah." If I ask her a question she'll answer, "Yeah! Yeah yeah yeeeeeahhhhh, yeah yeah yeahyeahyeah yeah yeah...yeahyeahyeaaaaahhhhhh!" It's very cute. She gestures to various items around the house and says, "Yeah!" I think she's trying to name them for me. She's also really loving her little walking toy. I have a video I'll put up at naptime. She can really get around with that thing, and now she's learning to turn corners, so we have to keep her securely locked in the living room or she'll head into the office or the kitched and create a lot of problems.
Lucy is still sick, but her nose is running like crazy, so it looks like this is going to be a quick bug. We both woke up feeling awful yesterday and had a lazy sick day, but we both woke up feeling a lot better today, so I'm hoping we're over the worst of it. I had to go after Lucy with the blue snot sucker this morning, and she had a serious fit. She screamed her little head off!
Andrew is still in bed this morning. He said he hurts "from nose to toes" and is going in late. So I emailed his administrative assistant to let her know that he'll be in a little later than usual. It's snowing anyway- who wants to go out in that? Ick.
Well, I'm going to read the news before her highness realizes I'm enjoying myself without her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you for changing the color in your blog where your entry is.
The "old" pictures with captions are fantastic! What a great idea. Funny, cute and clever.
We enjoy the Laura, Nina and Jen blogs so much!! Thank you.
Love you,
Grandma and Grandpa H.