18 February 2008

We made it back!

I'll bet no one knew we were even gone! We went downstate Friday night to participate in Lilly's baptism weekend festivities. We spent most of Saturday working on the cake, which turned out beeeeeeyoooooooooteeeeeeful! Andrew and I were going to go out on Saturday night, but fell asleep at 9:30, which turned out to be a very good thing because Lucy ended up having a sick night and was up all night wanting to be held and walked. That was fine- we just traded off and tried to nap through it. She had a GREAT day on Sunday and made it through breakfast out, Mass, Lil's baptism, the reception and a family dinner without a substantial nap. She snoozed all the way home and hopped right into bed after the 2.5 hour drive. She didn't wake up until 3:30, when we did give her a bottle, since she really didn't get one before bed. She got up again at 5:30 and Andrew rescued me by handling that and let me sleep til 7. Nice boy! Today we have NO plans! I think we have one item on our list, and that's buying milk. Soooo...we're looking good!

The baptism was beautiful, even though poor Lillykins was sick and cranky. She was a champ, and now she's going to Heaven! Yay Lilly! It was a lot of fun. I have lots of pics, but I'm not posting anything until I send them all to Nina. My camera is charging right now, so I'll send them this afternoon.

Lucy just went down for a nap without a peep. With any luck we'll ease right back into our regular schedule. Weekends away are always a little rough on her, and I know she gets a little freaked when we disrupt our family of three quiet routine. The most excitement she gets is when Aunt Suz comes over to stir things up or when Uncle Brian and Aunt Clarissa see her, so going downstate always tends to make her a little dizzy. She always handles it so well, but I always feel a little sorry for her getting all confused.

And for the record, she was definitely sick on Saturday, because Mommy is now hefting a giant head cold around and feels like poopy. Ugh. I woke up and my throat was on fire, and my ears are killing me. At least we know she actually sick and wasn't playing the "but I'm away from my bed" routine!

Well, I'm going to lie down. It's my big stay-at-home-mom luxury. Normally I'd be cleaning right now, but we cleaned this place top to bottom before we left on Friday! It was so nice to come home to a spic-and-span apartment!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend :) I miss you guys - I hope you have a great week and hopefully we can hang out soon.

- LB

Unknown said...

I noticed you all were gone. We need to have Laura, Andrew and Lucy time again soon. So, Saturday it is with all of our family. Your family anyways, so we are happy you are able to join us. Make sure Lucy is in cake mood. I am sure she will love it again. I promise there will be yellow cake somewhat this weekend too. Hehe. I will call you all later.