06 February 2008

Repent!

It's Ash Wednesday, y'all! Lucy and I got out the door at 7am this morning, so that we could sneak over to the Princess for a pancake breakfast before Mass. Lucy loves pancakes and we had lots of fun being silly together. I think we're going to make that our Holy Day tradition.


Lucy with her ashes! This time last year, she was flipping around inside me! Lucy loved Mass this morning, and had the whole congregation laughing with her nonstop singing. Once that organ started, she was howling at the top of her lungs. Just full of the Holy Spirit, I guess!

I'm trying to convince her to give up night feedings for Lent. It's what Jesus would want.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny in your writing. I really think someday you will write a book - you certainly have had a lot of writing practice with your life-time journal writing.
Glad you had a wonderful Ash Wednesday. Doubt Lucy will go for giving up night feedings for Lent, though. Give her a smooch from both of her ever-loving great-grandparents.
Grandma Susie & Grandpa Dick