28 April 2010

Authenticity

Andrew is back from TOBET. He seems energized by it. It's hard to gauge what effects a group like that has on a man until it starts to play out in your daily marriage. He has suggestions and ideas, and we're going to start putting them into action together. I am truly, truly excited about the role he's taking as the spiritual leader of our home.
And me? I'm working hard to be authentic. There are people in my life who seem to show up every so often, just as I start to grow spiritually. They bend and twist my priorities and my true self and get me so out of whack.
I am also about to embark on a few posts of a deeper nature here on my blog. There are issues out there that need to be addressed. I'm warning you all in advance because these are hot-button topics. They're my own thoughts and the thoughts of the truly brilliant people who challenge me to be a better person. If they strike a nerve, good! Explore that, learn something, find out why. Or stop reading. It's your choice and I respect that fully.
I'll continue with my irreverent and silly posts about the girls. Shoesday will stay in place and I'll continue to repost my conversations with that ridiculous husband of mine.

A taste of what you can continue to expect within the walls of my blog...I'm unwavering in my stance on human life. I'm a conservative at heart but hate the title. I was homeschooled and will probably homeschool my own little geniuses. I'm a Roman Catholic. I believe in classical education. I believe in an organized and healthy home. I feed my children simple carbs before ten am. I practice Natural Family Planning and cannot fathom using artificial birth control. I breastfeed and believe it's the best nutrition for a child. I think families should grow vegetables. I am against children receiving an allowance for menial housework and commonplace chores. I believe that all children should say, "Yes Sir" and "Yes Ma'am." I think that all kids should value their relationships with their siblings and treat them as nothing less than sacred.

My opinions differ from the mainstream. My close friends know that I've always believed the things I believe and I do my best to keep from pushing my life onto others. (they also know I curse far too often and talk too much when I drink) However, this is my blog and these are important issues. I'll do my best to provide informational links to everything I discuss and will not pass judgement on those who disagree with my views. I love comments and I will publish them, but as the moderator of this blog I do reserve the right to delete any comments that hinder conversation or are too snarky or trollish.
I'm excited about taking my writing to the next level. You can look forward to lots of guest posts, cute shoes and bloggy fun in the months to come!

3 comments:

Suzzy said...

i'm pumped! we disagree on almost everything political, but i love that you articulate your views clearly and respectfully. yay! and hey, if you need a guest post on any of the very few things i know, i'm down. :o) LOVE YOUUUU!

Jennifer Merkel said...

On the edge of my seat...SO excited! You are gonna make waves, and waves are the energy behind change. You and your friends are moving into a time of authenticity. Thank you for helping to lead the charge!

Jenna said...

Yeah girl! PREACH IT! ;]