06 April 2010

Amazed.

Tonight I had just put Molly to bed and was puttering around in the house. The sun had already set and the family room was getting dark. Since we had just come in from a trip to Home Depot, the lights were all off, so when the family room lit up bright PINK, I was really confused. I ran to the window and saw the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I started yelling for Andrew, who came to the window and said, "Oh, wow." I replied, "Honey, the sun already set! It's supposed to be dark!" I grabbed my camera and went running outside.




In Texas, the sky is SO big. Tonight, the sun had already set and it was getting dark when it hit a cloud that was really, really high in the sky. As the sun's rays hit the cloud, it just lit up, even though the sun was totally gone. It was just breathtaking. It was the kind of moment where you just feel everything stand still. The darker clouds you can see in the picture above are the clouds that we usually see in the sky; the ones that are closer to us. There was actually an immense space between these clouds and the huge, pink could behind them.

This picture shows you how dusky it really was outside.


Lucy came to the door and said breathlessly, "Wow! Mommy, it's just so beautiful! Can I watch the cloud with you?"


I don't think this will be far from my mind for a very, very long time.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really is beautiful!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

We have heard of the Texas skies. These pictures are so awesome. Especially love Lucy's comment. She won't forget it for a long time, either. There will be more Texas skies for you to enjoy in the future.
Love, Grandma