11 April 2010

There is no way...

...it's been almost a week since I posted. Well I'll tell you what - on Thursday morning, right after my last post, I found out I'd be hosting a Sunday night dinner for 20. So...the weekend took a turn. And then Andrew went into the hospital. So things just sort of spiraled.

But the dinner is over and it was wonderful! Dinner was delicious and I'm here to share the recipes! :-)

Paula Deen's Seafood Lasagna - definitely the best dish of the night. I made double the sauce; it's a must if you want it to be creamy and perfect. I also used the ready-to-bake lasagna noodles; it just saves time! This is also the PERFECT base for a perfect seafood dip. If you've been looking for an excellent crab dip, this is the exact way you should make it, subbing crab for shrimp and scallops. (And add Old Bay, of course.) I also topped it with Old Bay for a little color and it really added to the flavor.

The Lady and Sons Classic Lasagna - this was absolutely the creamiest, meltiest, most delicious lasagna I've ever made. The cream cheese really made it perfect and added a great zing. A definite crowd pleaser.

Anywayy....I'm going to post a couple of pictures from my phone now, so that your weekend wasn't in vain. Please hold for cuteness overload.

No comments: