25 April 2010

Preschool Begins For Lucy!


Well, Lucy has been begging me for weeks to start "special school." I have no idea what she means by that, but I decided that maybe it's time to start preschool. She's a tad young, but she's a very smart kid and pretty ambitious, so we're giving it a go.
I bought a laminator yesterday morning, and a three ring binder. I spent the moving printing off preschool tracing sheets and laminating two to a sleeve. We could do workbooks, sure. But we're planning to have a bunch of kids and completing a page in a workbook once isn't enough. It's nowhere near enough.
For instance, this week we're working on tracing lines, to prepare for writing numbers and letters. Lucy doesn't need to trace 3 lines per page. She needs to trace, and trace, and trace and trace. She needs to trace diagonal lines until the dashes behind her marker disappear and she's drawing diagonal lines in her sleep. I could makes copies, but it made more sense to me to laminate them and let her use dry-erase markers to do it over and over again.










These aren't just pictures. They're documentation of the beginning of a lifelong learning partnership. Boy, is that sweet. :-)

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

wow! great pre-writing skills and I bet she loved that!

Josiah and I are currently doing a "Summer Bridge" series workbook... and it's bridging K and 1st grades! lol. The kid cracks me up. He's been writing like crazy and loves it. Today, for the FIRST TIME... he wrote "I love you" on a piece of paper - a picture he made for me! :) It melted my heart. We started early too, why not? It's just fun at that age! haha.

Give her big hugs for me- Great job Lucy!

Love,
Aunt Lisa