26 October 2011

I have been slacking. I'm well aware. But here's what's happening.

  • Molly is potty training. So I spend all day feeling her undies, following her around, yelling, "Don't pee on that!" and generally worrying over the amount of laundry I have ahead of me. Today we are accident-free. I will not point out that she's been napping for 3 hours.
  • Lucy is all, "Let's do a craft!" every 30 seconds, all day long.
  • Claire thinks she needs to eat big people food. It's really annoying, because she won't eat baby food. Just things she can chew. What can a toothless baby who doesn't know how to chew, really chew anyway? 1/4 pieces of Cheerios, smushy banana (that she will only suck off my fingers, not a spoon), pumpkin bread...and that's about it. She loves bread, but I happen to know that babies cannot live on breastmilk and italian bakery loaves. Or maybe they can. I'm still learning.
  • I have three volunteer gigs. I don't know why. I just say yes a lot.
  • I'm getting super into my faith, and it's positively exhausting. I'm flummoxed and then I'm finding clarity and then I'm back to flummoxed. I'm learning a lot, but now I'm all worried about God. All the time. It's like being married to two people.
  • Andrew is minding his P's and Q's just fine, thank goodness. He needs to learn to turn out his closet light, but other than that, he's a dandy hunk of man. Love him.
  • Lucy wants to start kindergarten. Sigh. I'm not ready for that craziness.
  • My house. I bit off more than I could chew, begging Andrew to buy me an acre of unloved Texan soil. Now that I love it, I'm neglecting the children to pull weeds. I love pulling weeds.
My spaghetti pot is about to boil over. I keep forgetting that I'm cooking dinner. Ugh.

No comments: