29 October 2011

Let me tell you about Saturday.

Saturdays are always delicious in our house. Not as good as Sundays, but a close second. And not just because there are only two days in the weekend. (what does that even mean?)
Andrew is lying in bed next to me reading a book I borrowed/pilfered from the KOA laundry room library. I'm not sure if you're supposed to return them before you leave or just swap them with something else.
Oh. Yes. Saturday. Claire and I got an extra twenty minutes in bed by using the "baby on boob" clause. It's a fantastic law that should be enacted in every family. I'd love to exercise the rule without a baby in my bed.

We all sat around and ate waffles for awhile, and suddenly it was 9am. I don't know how that happened, but my noticing the time sent everyone into a "we need to rush around and yell and throw clothes at one another because we're about to be late for soccer" situation. That's never NOT fun, right? Molly was walking two steps behind Andrew throughout the entire house, howling "I be in pack pack!! I be in pack pack!" just in case we didn't know that she was fully prepared to throw the mother of all tantrums on the soccer field if we didn't bend under her wholly terrifying dictatorship and put her in the kelty kiddie pack. Toddlers. Love them.

After Lucy saved three would-be goals during her rule as goalie in the first quarter and ran around picking flowers in the third, we stopped at Sonic (we can quit any time.) and settled our need for ice cream. While I was slurping down my peanut butter cup blast and simultaneously telling the kids they could eat at home (multi-tasker!), Andrew stopped at redbox and rented Hanna. (that movie was a 3 out of 5 star "wha?!?!?") We put the girls down for naps around 12:30, watched that crazy Saoirse Ronan (it's pronounced "seer-sha" and it's been on my baby name short list for 6 years) kill people for 90 minutes and then napped happily until 4. Blissy bliss bliss.

At 4 we all stumbled around and put the little folk in the Halloween costumes (ballerina and ballerina-monkey. Of course they exist. They're actually overpopulated in some states.) to head out for Halloween at the Y. We had a lovely time and ended up dropping a WAD of cash for plastic spider rings and Frito pies. Mmm, y'all. I'll post a full-color thrill ride of a post tomorrow. Claire was so cute I could have baked her in a pie. No joke. She went costume-free because Mommy's lazy and baby sister's got nothing to prove. But, of course, the pictures of her were the cutest we got. She's a toothless smile covered in fat rolls. It makes for a great subject.

Then we came home with three children howling in the back of the car, put them in a hot bath to soak off the nacho cheese and promptly stuck them all in bed where they giggled off their sugar high. Once we knew they were in their rooms for good, we ate all the good candy out of their bags. I'll miss this age.

Now Andrew is snoozing happily beside me, so peace out, Cub Scout!

No comments: