20 October 2011

Snugglin'

I just picked Claire up out of her bed to spend the night snuggling with Andrew and I. I wasn't home for bedtime, so I was missing my tiny girl! I started unsnapping her outfit (Daddy always puts her down clothed!) and she opened her eyes and saw me above her. Her confused look turned to relief when she recognized me, and as she snuggled in to nurse, I thought about what a relief it must be to be 6 months old and be "found." All she thinks about is Mama. I still sigh with relief when I get my own Mama on the phone. I can't imagine how it must feel to be 6 months old and to feel Mama pick you up and put you right again. A good night, indeed. This is how I know that parenthood is the most important thing we'll ever do. No one is loved, longed for or needed more than a Mama or a Daddy. I know that no matter where i go in this world, nothing will ever satisfy quite like being loved by least of His people.

No comments: