10 September 2007

So Many Firsts!

Well, Homegirl had a lot of firsts today! Some good, some not so good! First of all, she finally rolled over! She was so excited! Mama missed the initial roll, but got Lucy's excitement at the end of it. Who knows how long it took- she was working at it for quite awhile!


Lucy also had her 4-month checkup today! She weighs 13.6 pounds! Not as much as we had thought, but still more than a breadbox! Dr. Cel said she's looking great and is very bright! (Like we didn't know that....)
Additionally, there were two more first I should mention. We had our first "Lucy, NO!" today. The little turkey likes to imagine that one day Mama will let her ride around in the car standing up in her seat. I think she finally reached her breaking point. She locked those fat little legs and just stared me down as if to say, "Honey, you're gonna have to break these suckers to get this woman down!" I gave her a very firm, "Lucy, no no!" She plopped down in her seat and just shook her head like, "You're going to pay dearly for speaking to me that way."
And boy did I! Her first "No!" was very shortly followed by her very first temper tantrum! Whew! We got home from lunch with Suz and a quick trip to the store, and she was fast asleep in her seat. I brought her in and put her in her crib, but she wasn't in the mood to nap, so I put her in her saucer to play. After about 30 minutes, she started getting crabby, so I nursed her and put her in bed, where she happens to sleep quite often. You'd think I'd just told her Hilary became President. She looked at me and let out this horrible shriek and started kicking her legs and banging her little fists on the mattress. It was all I could do not to laugh at her. She was SO MAD. She finally settled down and went to sleep, but not before letting me know who was boss. Little does she know that her Mean Mama is still awake and having fun without her. Ha!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She's so precious......at least you can look at her face and tell her no....I have to look at the butt imprint on my belly to tell Lil' no.

E.M. said...

Congrats Lucy! Roll with it baby!
Megan gets temper tantrums too...and we LAUGH! Mean, I know, but it's so funny.

Suzzy said...

HAHAHAHAHA


the hilary becoming president comment was the best ive ever heard.


brilliant.