03 December 2007

Monday Already??

Where did our weekend go??? It's 6:40am and Miss Lucy is in her bed making noise. The wind was horrible all night long, so Andrew just left in the Escape, just in case the snow picks up and makes driving dangerous. And I have no milk.
Lucy slept SO well last night! We geared up for a night of crying it out, and the little angel went down at 6:30 and slept til 4. I nursed really well at 4, and she slept til 6:30! Go figure...why can't she just commit oneway or the other?

Let's see. Oh, our weekend. Friday was very nice. Oh BOY was it! I dropped Lucy off with Kristy and Xander, and she played happily until her daddy could pick her up after work. I had a very nice, quiet afternoon by myself. I worked on my cookies for the cookie contest, and Clarissa came over around 4. Andrew and Lucy got home around 4:30, and Lucy was all tuckered out! It was so cute seeing her strapped into Andrew's little red truck, snoozing to John Lee Hooker and riding with Daddy. Brian came over, and the 4 of us hung out and ate pizza. We played Apples to Apples FAR too late, and crashed around midnight.
On Saturday, we went to the Christmas parade and dropped my cookies at the cookie contest. The Storybook Holiday was just adorable. Since we live right in the middle of it, Lucy was able to get her naps in and still enjoy the day. Kristy, Erik and Xander came up for awhile to enjoy the fun. At 6:30, we went to City Place for the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and the cookie contest awards. It was a very nice ceremony. It's so nice living in this tiny little town. There was a little band and the Home and Garden Club made enough cookies for everyone to have cookies and hot cocoa after the tree was lit. They had a couple of nice prayers for a safe Christmas and the reason for the season, etc. A cute little boy lit the trees, and Santa came to visit.
I won the Kid's Choice Award, which was neat. They awarded me with an apron that says "Frostburg Storybook Holiday Cookie Contest Winner" and a $10 gift certificate to the Princess Restaurant. Now, $10 to any other restaurant wouldn't be nearly enough, but at the Princess, that's enough for a nice lunch for two and good conversation.
On Sunday we had a nice, relaxing day. We tag-teamed napping all morning and went to Mass at 12. After that we went to the Lang house for football. The guys babysat and I went to the mall to buy a new dress! I found the perfect one and I'm very happy!
We had a quiet night at home last night. We watched "Pictures of Hollis Woods" and I worked on a shirt. It was nice.
This morning...has already been very busy! Andrew is off to work in the Escape because we're having a windstorm and there's ice coming down now. Ugh. In other news, Lucy has started pulling up to standing! Wow! I'm a little blown away- I wasn't expecting it THIS soon, but I'm proud of her! No wonder she hasn't slept in a week! Last night was MUCH better, and I think this week will be much better for all of us!

1 comment:

Kandi said...

awww, congrats on your cookie award. I love Princess! I haven't been there in ages!