13 January 2008

Ahhhh....Sunday night.

Well, Lucy is recvering nicely from her pneumonia, and we decided that tonight was the night to let her try putting herself to sleep after a MONTH of sleeping with Mommy and Daddy. It only took 30 minutes, and the mood around her is so happy and relaxed, knowing she still knows how to do it alone. We were a little nervous to try it, but she handled it well. I'm so relieved!

We've had a GREAT weekend.

On Wednesday, Mom sensed how completely messed up my little head was, with a sick baby, just home from vacation and totally frazzled. She came up right away and saved the entire place. She fed us, cleaned us up and gave us our sanity back. It was heavenly. I was starting to really feel the exhaustion of being sick and worried and all traveled out. She saved us! It was so nice getting our time that we missed after Christmas. I miss her lots living up here, and it's nice to get Laura and Mom time when we can! The boys were complete angels and we had a blast with them. My favorite part of the week was taking them to the mall and walking around while Mom got her hair cut. They're the funniest kids! John is turning into such a nice guy, and Brendan is such a sensitive sweetie. Paul, well...he just lights up everyone.
They left Saturday, and we had the Langs, LB, Montana and Suz over to play games and eat junk food. They stayed for about 5 hours and we had a blast. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
Today, Andrew, Lucy and I slept all day! We took a little break to go shopping at Walmart, but otherwise, we just napped and watched TV and relaxed. Lucy and I got two two-hour naps and had so much fun playing!

She said her first word yesterday! She was sitting in her highchair, and she looked at me and said, "Mama. Mama," plain as day! The boys and I got very excited and started yelling and screaming. They were very excited to have witnessed her very first word. She was pretty proud of herself!
In other news, she is no longer eating baby food. Gerber is not for Lucy anymore. Lucy now eats only table food. I'm hoping she'll go back to Gerber, but for now, she'll only eat muffins. Turns out you can cram lots of stuff into muffins! Tomorrow she'll be having banana-sweet potato-carrot muffins. I do what little I can. If she refuses to eat anything but bread, she'll be eating everything baked right into it. Turkey.

No comments: