08 January 2008

Pneumonia??

Well, Lucy is sick. We went to the pediatrician this morning because I thought her breathing sounded rattly. Good thing mommies have good instincts! She has pneumonia! She's on meds now and we're packed for the ER, should she get worse. She'll be in our room until her breathing is better and the doctor gave her permission to sleep in mama's arms, so she's happy!

The worse news is, she's only gained 3oz since Dec 17. This is a problem. Once her lungs are stronger, we're going to begin more extensive testing and see if we can get a Celiac Panel, since it runs in Andrew's family. We're just going to continue to feed her and hope that the weight issue was a result of her little flu bug and that she'll continue to gain. Poor kid!

So, we're spending the day playing on the floor and enjoying the quiet house! I'm trying to keep her quiet and relaxed so that she's breathing easy. Maybe we'll go for a walk in a bit, since it's just GORGEOUS outside. She may nap pretty well then. We'll take the camera and get some pictures!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww....I knew this morning she didn't sound like a little cold. I will keep her in my prayers. Keep me updated on this.

It was nice to spend time with you two this morning. We will have to do more of this until I start working.

Unknown said...

Awwww.....I thought something was wrong this morning when I was there. She sounded worse then a cold. I will keep her in our prayers for her to get better. Keep me updated on how she is doing.

I had fun this morning spending time with you and Lucy. We will have to do that more often - at least until I get a job.

Kandi said...

Awww, poor Lucy. Get well soon!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that our little pumpkin is not feeling well. The kids (and we,too) miss all of you!
Hope that Lucy starts eating and gaining some weight after this bug is done with her. She seemed like she was eating better the last few days you were out here. Andrew - Josh misses his gaming buddy! Hope you get some rest soon. Give Lucy a hug and kiss form us.
Brooke and all

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that Lucy is feeling much better. She is so adorable, especially when she was gnawing on Abby's foot. Enjoyed seeing you all!
Love, Aunt Linnie

dugmel said...

Hope Lucy is feeling better, she was so adorable when she was gnawing on Abby's foot... Enjoyed seeing everyone the other day.
Love,
Aunt Linnie