04 March 2008

Lunch break, my Aunt Fanny...

I miss lunch breaks. I miss getting off work at 5. Of course, I mostly get off work by 7, but I do start a lot earlier now. 6 am. This is no life for a lazy girl.

Lucy has been into EVERYTHING today. She has also been yelling at me since she woke up. I'm right here! Stop yelling!
She has a deep love for pulling books off the bookcase. Rather than discipline her on this one, we're going to move the bookcase. She just doesn't quite get "no" yet, and when I tell say, "Lucy, no!" She just falls apart, and has no idea why Mommy is being so mean when she's having so much fun. A bookcase would look nice in our bedroom anyway...
But I do take this is a good sign. Lucy just LOVES books. She doesn't want me to read them to her, but she just loves to turn the pages and "read" to herself. She chatters through the whole book and then throws it behind her and moves to the next one. It's very cute.
Lucy helped me look for our box of nails today. We still haven't found it. We pulled everything out of the closet...nothing. I can't imagine where those stupid nails could be, but we have a HUGE list of "to be hung" items lying about, and we've got to get this stuff up! It's driving me crazy! So, I must keep looking. And I have to get this stuff back into the closet before Andrew gets home. I promised I wouldn't clean the closet unless I had a whole day...something about unfinished projects? Now, if I may direct your attention to Bonnie the Blue Beast in the backyard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved reading this accounting of a pretty typical day for you. You are much blessed with your sweet daughter and your special life.
Love to you!
Grandma Susie and Grandpa Dick

dugmel said...

Miss Lucy! You sure are keeping your Mommy busy and out of trouble.It's a good thing you are getting around and into everything, otherwise Mommy might get bored and have to read a entire novel at one time and eat bon-bons too! Not that Mommy could not ever take her eyes off her adorable sweet Lucy!

Hugs and Kisses,
Aunt Linnie

dugmel said...

Miss Lucy! You are doing a wonderful job keeping your Mommy busy and out of trouble. With you getting around and into everything Mommy has no time to be bored. If she was bored she'd have to read an entire novel and eat bon-bons in one day. Besides Mommy could never take her eyes off her adorable sweet Lucy!

Hugs and Kisses,
Aunt Linnie