12 March 2008

Our Sweet Girl

What is it about Lucy that's so darn lovable? I have a very hard time putting my finger on it. She's just so incredibly adorable. The name Lucy means "Light." Somehow that fits her very well. She just brings so much happiness and light to us. She puts a special light in the eyes of the people she meets and for the love of Pete, her hair isn't just light, it's on fire! She is such a sweet little thing.
We spent the morning running around, to and fro. We got home around 12 and Lucy ate lunch and played on the floor while I ate my salad. She went down for a long nap, which was very nice for me. When she woke up, we played on the floor for almost two hours. Lucy read her books, which is quickly becoming her favorite activity. She flips through each and every one very slowly, looking at every little piece of each picture. Today I watched her holding a book, and she just stared at the cover, her little eyes flickering all over trying to understand the whole picture. She has a very deep love for books and really knows how to use them carefully. It's just amazing to watch her sitting so quietly, turning the pages like a big girl.

Here are some pictures of her reading "Where's Baby's Valentine?"



Unfortunately, this book did have a little accident. It's a lift-the-flap book and Lucy's not quite sure how to lift the flaps carefully enough yet. She happened to tear one of the flaps off and it's waiting for Daddy to fix it. Nevertheless, she set it aside very carefully and is patiently waiting for it to be fixed.

I had my doctor's appointment this morning. It went well, but I do have some tests to have done. I'll be having a complete blood workup on Friday, since the doctor found that my reflexes were a little slow and my thyroid was enlarged. I'll also be having an EKG on Friday, since she also found that my heart was acting a little funny. I'm sure it's nothing, and I'm excited for my follow-up on the 26th! Lucy was a very good girl at the doctor's office and sat very quietly while I had my checkup. Such a sweet girl!

3 comments:

Jen E. said...

my daughter, alison, tears those flap books too..ha. :) LOVE the title and creativity of your blog and header, you are a great writer!

As told by her mom, Sandy... said...

Hi, I saw your blog on www.jenleephotography.blogspot.com and wanted to let you know that your little Lucy is so adorable! My daughter has red hair too (not sure where she gets it from) and I am not too far from Western Maryland. I work in Frederick.

Anyway, your blog is precious!

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy~

Your aunties always loved books and they do even more so now!

Auntie Meghan wants to be a writer when she gets older and she's is a great one now!
Auntie Maddie wants to be a veternarian. She loves animals.

We miss you. It looks like you are having fun on the swing!

Love you peanut,
Grandma Tammy,Grandpa Jim, Auntie Meg, and Auntie Maddie